4.
I think I'm drunk. Not that I had anything to drink, of course (*shifty eyes*), but you know, I just feel drunk. Maybe it's because I'm seriously deprived of sleep. Or maybe it's because of severe boredom? Maybe I'm experiencing a weird illness that makes me think I'm drunk. Or maybe I'm not drunk at all. This is... weird. Some sort of a dilemma, a difficult predicament, sort of like deciding on Coke or Sprite when ordering drinks... Wait, how is that relevant at all!? Oooh. Italicized words look pretty. I like. Don't you like tooooooooooooooooooo?
Anyway, here's something I found while browsing just now.
Iraqi shot dead attempting goal
BAGHDAD -- Police say an Iraqi soccer player has been shot dead just as he was about to kick what could have been the tying goal in a weekend game south of Baghdad.
Police Maj. Muthanna Khalid says a striker from the Buhairat amateur team was facing only the goalie during a Sunday match in Hillah when a supporter of the rival Sinjar club shot him in the head in the final minute of play.
Sinjar was leading 1-0 when the shooting occurred. Khalid said a spectator was arrested.
More Iraqis are turning out for sports events now that security is improving. Major matches in Baghdad are heavily guarded but security in amateur games in smaller cities is often lax.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=628629&sec=world&cc=4716
Hah! Talk about taking a shot on goal and being stopped dead in your tracks! ( See what I did there? Shot and dead, get it? Hah! Quite clever wasn't it!)
... OK, on hindsight, that was really heartless and not even funny at all (actually, it was, but the ethically correct part of my soul refuses to allow me to laugh). It's really cruel of me to make such a tactless joke.
Instead what I should really focus on is the plight that these poor Iraqis are facing. It's so shocking and depressing to see news like this come out of the war-torn country every day (not really, but you get the point). Mass numbers of innocents are dying there for doing what? Absolutely nothing (damn this italicizing thing is getting addictive!). You have to have a heart of stone not to feel pity for these poor souls that lose their lives just by living there. I mean, look at us, living in our homes with concrete walls and TVs! We are so fortunate! Every second we spend in a comfortable bed somewhere in our comfortable homes, people in these kinds of countries are being killed and just plagued with problems! Why, when I grow up, I'm going to haul my lucky ass over there just to help out with the people and do stuff to help them, like purifying their water, and -
OMG is that the latest episode of Heroes on Star World? Damn, that cheerleader is some hawt stuff! GTG watch BB!
P/S: If any Iraqi reads this, I was just kidding, okay? I just didn't want to state my opinion because yours truly is uninformed about the true situation in Iraq and I would hate to generalize and/or pass unsubstantiated judgements! God bless you all!
P/P/S: Don't bomb me!!!
P/P/P/S: Nah, just kidding guys, okay?
P/P/P/P/S: Seriously, though.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home