I don't talk to myself.

Yes you do.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

58.

Watching the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien now (he's gotten so much more natural and at home since Jay's departure!) and came across this article via one of his monologues just now.

SEOUL, South Korea - A woman in South Korea who tried to pass the written exam for a driver's license with near-daily attempts since April 2005 has finally succeeded on her 950th time.

The aspiring driver spent more than 5 million won ($4,200) in application fees, but until now had failed to score the minimum 60 out of a possible 100 points needed to get behind the wheel for a driving test.

Cha Sa-soon, 68, finally passed the written exam with a score of 60 on Wednesday, said Choi Young-chul, a police official at the drivers' license agency in Jeonju, 130 miles (210 kilometers) south of Seoul.

Story continues below ↓
advertisement | your ad here

Police said Cha took the test hundreds of times, but had no specific total. Local media said she took the test 950 times.

Now she must pass a driving test before getting her license, Choi said.

Repeated calls to Cha seeking comment went unanswered. She told the Korea Times newspaper she needed the license for her vegetable-selling business.

(via)

This article is hilarious! How does one fail NINE HUNDRED AND FORTY NINE TIMES IN A ROW? This woman must be crazy stupid! 60% in 950 tries? That's like learning 1% every SIXTEEN tests!

What the hell was she doing for the other FIFTEEN tests!?

Now, I know what you're thinking, "Bryan you jerk! This woman epitomizes determination!" but in my defense I'll just say, if you dedicate your life and effort and everything into just one thing AND still manage to suck SO bad, then shoot me if you're not somehow related to WX goddamnit!

However, amidst this hilarity I am actually genuinely worried for the people of Korea! If this woman eventually (not that I'm banking on it. She'll probably take a year or two deciphering the code that is the speedometer) passes her practical driving test, then that means she'll be able to legally drive a car!

If you're Korean and reading this, I say get the hell out of there and come here! Our drivers might be stupid as hell but being careful is definitely something they're good at (yeah they like to take their freakin' time just when you're about to cross. Sneaky bastards)!

Can you imagine her parallel parking? I mean, there's YouTube-able (oooh new word!) proof that women aren't the best drivers. The way I see it, putting an old woman who can't differentiate her traffic lights from her head lights behind a wheel is just asking for it.

I loved the Crazy Taxi games, but this might just be crossing the line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home