I don't talk to myself.

Yes you do.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

60.

Just got back from overseas and I feel like being a dick today so...

don't mind random profanity-littered rants.

***
The camera is undoubtedly a great invention that serves a melange of purposes and I cannot dispute the fact that photos are indeed wonderful timeless reminders of what we've done and who we've been with over the years. If it weren't for the camera we wouldn't have some amazing pictures, be it of simple pleasures like an infant laughing or spectacular natural occurrences like a meteor shower or a rainbow and what not.

And that's cool. That's all cool.

However I wish one had to have a license to own a camera, because like everything else, photography is a practice bound by universal ethics; a common set of rules that everyone should follow, you know, like:

- Not talking while eating
- Saying "thank you" when someone does something nice
- Not driving while drunk

And so on, so forth.

So anyway, all potential photographers/camwhores should have to sit for an obligatory test on photography (like a driving theory examination) that covers fundamentals pertaining to photography (some people cannot, for the life of them, take a photo without having it come off as looking like a person with Tourette's took them) and basic manners of what you should and shouldn't do when you take photos. It wouldn't completely eradicate the problems but it would certainly ameliorate it and make the world a better place.

Now I tell you why I say this.

When I speak about ethics, I'm thinking along the lines of being respectful to people around you and in general, not being a dick.

And maybe it's just me, but you would expect that naturally, not taking a photo of someone who doesn't want to have his photo taken would fall under what I'm talking about.

When I say I don't want to have my photo taken, am I being unreasonable? Tell me please.

Actually wait, no. I don't care what you think because I'm sure I'm not.

So then, WHY are there people who somehow seem to misinterpret/ignore my requests and continue to attempt to take a photo of me?

I'm sorry, maybe you think it's funny, but it's not. It's annoying and rude, and in my opinion you're being an asshole.

Call me a bad sport, but if you're gonna hang out with me then you sure as hell better be fucking respecting my wishes.

When a person does not want you to take his picture, he just doesn't want you to. Stop asking why, because there is no answer. Do I ask why you don't want to talk to me when your parents just died in a fire? No. So please people, no need for stupid questions.

What makes it worse is when someone attributes me not wanting to take a photo with me being "camera shy". Come on, if this is your way of trying to provoke me and get me to take a photo, then you need to take your head out of your ass right now because it isn't working at ALL.

Stop telling me I'm camera shy when I just don't want to take a photo with you.

Let's put it this way, can I take a photo up your skirt?

No?

THEN IS YOUR VAGINA FUCKING CAMERA SHY HUH BITCH!?

I didn't think so.

So yes, next time I say no, it means no. Respect my wish or I break your fucking lenses dipshit.

***

Done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home